You can see new menu item called « Events » at the next image and in your dashboard. This is where you can organize and setup your events.
All events are organized using categories.
You can add categories before, after or while adjust event posts directly.
Go to Events -> Event Categories to create event categories.
Go to Events -> Add new to create new event post.
On the right side you will see your events categories. You need to check in what category you need this event to be displayed.
Click on + Add New Events Category link to do this. Type a category name and press Add New Events Category button.
Now you need to set events start date and time. It’s an important step before you will populate events at your website.
These settings can be found below the editor while adjusting an event post in « Event options » metabox.
Or you can simply type your date and time in this fields but keep the formatting I.E.:
This is most common issue.
Note: you can change time format in Settings-> General: Time Format.
You need to check « Is repeating? » option to make your event repeatable. Here you can set Repeating Interval, End Time and Skip Dates for your event.
Event End and Skip Date options are necessary when you are populating your events in a calendar.
Generally what starts must finish, but that isn’t always the case. Use the End Date if there is a defined end date for the event – if there isn’t you can leave this field empty. This will indicate an open-ended event.
Event Skip Dates will be helpful if you need to set custom event recurrence. Use this field to exclude the unnecessary dates. You can check some examples on how it may be used below.to Top
You can check a few examples of a different events settings.
Now you need to add event location.
Click New map. After that new options will appear.
1. Type your location and click Add button. You will see a pin with popup on the map.
2. You can edit address in popup on the map by clicking “edit” link directly in popup.
3. Add title for this location and press save button to save location.
Now you have a location for your event.
You can edit this location at any time. To do that rollover on location title and edit link will appear.
You can add additional information such as phone and address that will be used to display on event page and upcoming event widget.
Also there are additional widget area between the map and content. You can enable it by choosing Under title sidebar instance in “Title area settings” block below the editor.
You can set custom colors or background for every post at your website.
Our theme is extremely flexible and allows to set unique slideshow, with unique settigns for each post/page or taxonomies.
To set slideshow for specific post, scroll down to the « Slideshow options » block.
1. Choose slideshow type – here you can between our custom JCycle or Revolution slideshows. By default it is set to use global settings (global settings is set in Theme Options ->Slideshows)
2. Choose Revolution Slider (for revolution slider only) – you can create many revolution slideshows, so here you can choose which of revolution slideshows you would like to use.
2. Set slideshow category (for jCycle only)
3. and set max amount of slides for this slideshow (for jCycle only).
You can also adjust different slideshow options specificaly for this page in « Slideshow effect options » block, such as (these options is for jCycle only):
1. Set slideshow Height.
2. Turn on/off next, previous navigation arrows.
3. Remove paddings
4. Set timeouts and speed
5. Set autoplay and pause on rollover.
Add information for your event in editor and click publish button
when you are done.
Now when you know how to create events post you need to learn how to show your events.
To show your events on site, you need to use event widgets and shortodes.