Table of Contents[hide]
On the next image and in your dashboard you can see new menu item called “Posts”. This is where you can organize and setup your posts.
Create Post Categories
To organize posts you need to create categories.
You can make it before, after or directly during the creation of the post.
To create posts category go to Posts -> Categories
To create new post, go to Posts -> Add new
After that you’ll see content editor (1), where you can find shortcode buttons (2) in visual mode, and lots of metaboxes (3,4) if you scroll down, below the editor. Metaboxes (4) is where you can set differnt settings for your post, such as set slideshow, sidebars, seo, etc.
Important steps when creating any post is to “set featured image” and assign category (3).
On the right side you will see your categories. You need to check in which category you want this post to be displayed.
If you don’t have any categoies yet, then you need to create one.
To do this click + Add New Category.
Set Category name and press “Add New Category” button.
* And don’t forget to assign this category to your post of course.
Set layout and sidebar
You can set one of three possible layouts for post: Full width, Left Sidebar and Right Sidebar. You can find this settings at the right side below the categories.
Also you can set your custom sidebar here. You can create your custom sidebar in Theme Options -> Sidebars.
Additional Widget Area
There are additional widget area between title and content. You can enable it by choosing Under title sidebar instance in “Title area settings” block below the editor.
You can see example of additional widget area (1) on the image below:
If you want to have image thumbnails on blog listing, popular post widgets, etc. then you need to set featured image for your posts.
1. Click “Set Featured Image” on the right side of the post edit screen.
2. “Add media” popup will appear. Upload your image.
3. Then click “Use as featured image”.
You can set map in title area for any post/page.
Simply click New map.
After that new options will appear.
1. Type your location and click Add button. You will see a pin with popup on the map.
2. You can edit address in popup on the map by clicking “edit” link directly in popup.
3. Add title for this location and press Save button to save location.
Now you have a location on the map.
You can edit this location at any time. To do that rollover on location title and edit link will appear.
Title additional text
You can set some short description in the title area on the right side, as you can see on the image below.
To add this descriptions simply add your text in “Title additional text” field. This option can be found below the editor on the post edit screen.
Header Color Settings
You can set custom colors or background for every post at your website.
Our theme is extremely flexible and allows to set unique slideshow, with unique settigns for each post/page or taxonomies.
To set slideshow for specific post, scroll down to the “Slideshow options” block.
1. Choose slideshow type – here you can between our custom JCycle or Revolution slideshows. By default it is set to use global settings (global settings is set in Theme Options ->Slideshows)
2. Choose Revolution Slider (for revolution slider only) – you can create many revolution slideshows, so here you can choose which of revolution slideshows you would like to use.
2. Set slideshow category (for jCycle only)
3. and set max amount of slides for this slideshow (for jCycle only).
You can also adjust different slideshow options specificaly for this page in “Slideshow effect options” block, such as (these options is for jCycle only):
1. Set slideshow Height.
2. Turn on/off next, previous navigation arrows.
3. Remove paddings
4. Set timeouts and speed
5. Set autoplay and pause on rollover.
Set Blog page
After you created your posts, you may want to set your blog posts page.
1. First of all you need to create a page that will be used as your blog page.
2. Then go to Settings -> Reading and choose page you want to use as “Post page” in drop down.